Our Stylescapes Process
A Stylescape is a visual encapsulation of your brand’s voice, tone and look that sets a vision for your future and our project together. Through a sprint process, we curate found imagery to explore different directions, all based on the same brief, that brings you into the creative and decision making process early on and drives efficiency in the rest of the project.
Stylescapes are an optional, but very valuable step in the creative process. The role of a Stylescape is to quickly arrive at a visual direction that we are aligned upon that can inform the basis of all future design tasks. It gives you the confidence of where we are headed together, and gives us an environment to compare all other deliverables and design needs against. The Stylescape will cover all key deliverables within our shared project for us to understand how your brand could come to life in those executions.
Our Stylescapes process happens across 3 stages, however we can scale and adjust this according to budget and timings.
- 3 x Stylescapes Development - based on an internal briefing that comes from our Discovery process, our team of designers develop 3 stylescapes that match your requirements but set different solutions and directions for your brand. These will all cover the core visual requirements. Our presentation to you includes important summary elements of the Discovery and the 3 Stylescapes option to allow us to engage in meaningful and detailed discussion about the direction we will take together. Whilst we discuss initial impressions in the meeting, we ask you to review the Stylescapes over a few days to align and refine your feedback to us. The ideal objective is to align on one Stylescape to refine.
- Stylescape Refinement - we take your feedback and our notes from the discussion to refine the Stylescape of choice. This can be taking other elements from the other Stylescapes, if they can match the overall look. The goal of this step is to tackle individual topics and elements in detail to ensure all of the pieces come together and inspire some executional concepts for the future. At this stage we might present options or alternatives of the one Stylescape to seek an alignment.
- Stylescape finalisation - We undertake a final refinement step to address any comments or feedback from step 2. We then prepare a final file and share with with you to act as your foundation and inspiration for all of the tasks ahead.
We adapt the elements according to the project requirements and your request. For example if it is primarily digital project, then more weight will be given to screens and digital executions. We also take into consideration the scope of the project, such as whether there is budget for custom photography or we will need to utilise stock. There is a minimum list of elements that we include to ensure we have explored how the visual storytelling of your brand can be executed and to ensure we have the tools we need to complete future design work. Elements can include:
- User photo
- Fonts (font pairings and hierarchy)
- Colour palette
- Illustrations (Portraits - custom)
- Print collateral (business card, letterhead, envelope, folder, brochure*, book*, poster*, notebook*, pen*)
- Branded materials (stamp, tshirt, pin etc.)
- Digital adaptation (website, app, social channels)
- Iconography (functional and decorative)
- Information graphics
- Interiors (branded office)
- Photography* (Stock - custom)
The required time to complete the process can vary from 3 to 4 weeks in total. This includes time for your review and feedback. The first presentation is the result of an intense sprint for the team and is usually after 7-10 working days.
What comes next?
The Stylescapes process usually sets the foundation for the Logo design process, however this can vary based on priorities and and deliverables.
Would you like to know more?
We'd be more than happy to discuss your project needs and discuss the benefits of the Stylescapes process to help us achieve your goals together. Contact us via the form or set up an introduction call here >.
&Berlin is a full service creative agency that helps brands of all sizes achieve their goals. We guide you through a complete process and collaborate with you as partners.